Wednesday, May 18, 2011

One Flower Wednesdays

Happy faces for how I feel. Spring is finally here and I can get outside and work in my garden.

Worked a bit on my watercolour quilt top.


Day one of my garden. Planted potatoes, peas, carrots, lettuce, spinach & basil. I have to go to town and buy onion sets and garlic to plant today. Corn, beans, and squashes after the weekend. I planted leeks that did not grow very well last year, but they came back as well as flat leaf parsley.


I see a poplar tree in the middle of the strawberries I have to dig out, and the poor spruce tree was really damaged by the hail last year. Here's wishing for a better summer this year! 
Oh, I see I caught a hawk soaring.


Full moon last night. I will try and take another picture tonight if it isnt too cloudy, but will use a tripod.

14 comments:

Gerda Hartman said...

Just love the happy flower!

Leanne said...

Smilie faces flower - just made me beam.
Loving seeing photos of your garden.
Love Leanne

Paula said...

Beautiful happy flowers, put smile on my face, thank you.

Karyli said...

Very nice flowers!
Your garden is beautiful too. Enjoy it!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your hexie flower is adorable!! Sounds like you will have a bountiful crop this year of wonderful fruits and veggies.

Karen said...

That is one happy flower!!!! And, I find your watercolour quilt very interesting. The blue fabric is fabulous. That is also one fabulous garden. My veggie patch is very small, the flowers have taken over!

Jeanette said...

Love your smiley face bloom. So cute. The water colour top is looking beautiful. Happy Stitching,

Unknown said...

Oh My Gosh, I love the smiley face hexi! It is such a happy little flower.

You have a nice and big garden area. We still have too much rain to plant anything yet. I am itching to get my hands in the dirt!

ria vogelzang said...

Wahat a beautiful happy flower!! And the watercolourquilt is also looking great! It just looks like an icecristal! Gorgeous!
And what a lovely pictures of your garden!

Margeeth said...

Funny smiley flower.

Pat said...

What a happy flower!

PolkaDotClassic said...

Lovely happy flower :)
Thank you for sharing about your garden
Enjoy
Marta

Marieke said...

What a great flower! Enjoy your gardening!

Wendy said...

What a cute, happy flower! Makes me smile!