Friday, July 08, 2011

Crazy Quilting Friday

I found a cute pig for my centre this week. I might do more embellishments later, when more inspiration hits me. 
I finally found my old tatting shuttles and did a few pieces, to add to my crazy quilt squares. I was glad my tatting skills only needed a bit of practice to gat back into it. My first shuttle belonged to my grandmother Pearl and is a french ivory one (celluloid) and was  probably made in the 1910s - 1920s.
I tried some different embroidery, the little butterflies on the lower left were fun to do.


This this little piggy reminded me that my husband's grandmother's maiden name was Pigg. I think I will embroidery the name Nora somewhere on it for her.

3 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

What a darling little pig. Love all the added embelishments and stitches :) You have created a beautiful crazy quilt block!

Sheila said...

I love your little pig block , lots of embellishments ,sweet. I didn't get to work on any this week , company keeps me away from the machine but I am not complaining love my grandchildren!

Karen said...

Cute little pig block! My sister has a cat, Louise, and when she gets mad she makes pig sounds.