Wednesday, November 24, 2010

One Flower Wednesdays

6 flowers I made last night. With our cold weather, I thought these blues were perfect. I did one to remind me of the summer past.These are still fabrics from my thrift sale find.
I got through 4 before I pricked my finger pushing the needle through the fabric. I was wondering if any of you use thimbles? I can't get used to using one or they just don't fit my finger right. I have a leather one with a metal disk but it doesn't seem to be in the right spot. I use a small piece of white medical tape over the end of my middle finger, the one I use to push the needle with. I am using a quilting between size needle, maybe I should be using a longer one.

11 comments:

ria vogelzang said...

Hi Birdie, I just love your winter-flowers! But what is a "thrift sale"...? I'm Dutch and sometimes I don't understand some of the used words..... ;))
And I do use a thimble. It's a metal thimble from Clover. It works fine for me.
Enjoy your sewing!

Anne-Mettes Oaser said...

I love your beautiful winter flowers. Well, they remind me of the summer and the blue ocean ;-).
Thimble ... I can't sew without one, but I also started sewing without.

Anonymous said...

i loooove your blue flowers.
yes, i sew with a thimble, couldn't do without. maybe you should visit a good store and try some thimbles on until you find the perfect fit.

Marion B. said...

Love your flowers and yes I always use a timble, I have several LOL.

Jeanette said...

your blue flowers are just gorgeous.

Gerda Hartman said...

Love the blue ones. I can't work with a thimble either. Have tried it lots of times, but it doesn't work for me.

Joke said...

Great fabrics you used for the flowers. Blue stays my favorite color.

marion said...

i really love the tulip fabric.......
wonderful flowers

Karen said...

Cold weather flowers for sure! I can't work with a thimble on my needle pushing finger either. I just use a little square of painters (green) tape to cover the tip of my finger. It works great.

Dolly Cloth said...

great hexagons love your winter garden

Wendy said...

Blue is one of my favorite colors...those are so pretty!! Btw, I haven't found a thimble that feels comfortable either so I don't use one. I'm usually able to adjust my sewing so that I don't stick myself. Occasionally tho, depending on the fabric I have to use one and struggle my way through! Sorry....no help.