Wednesday, December 08, 2010

One Flower Wednesdays

I have admired the fussy cut hexies of others, so I did my own. The fabric has another possibility I will try for next week. You can see the re-used copy paper hexagons through this fabric, it is on the thin side.


I have used this fabric in a couple of little quilts, an apron for Violet and only have enough left for a few hexies. How come all the little thread ends show up when I take a picture?

 I also found a few scraps of this nice pink. I have been trying to use up scraps and making every flower different so far. How many stitches per inch do you all use when sewing your hexagon flowers? 11 seems to be my average.

My Vinca didn't flower until I brought it inside this fall. Taking the picture I see an aphid in the centre. I'll have to check the plant and see if there are more to get rid of. This is the only flower I have right now, but the Christmas Cactus is almost open, a few more days.. Oh, I see a couple small buds on one of my Orchids also. Can't remember what colour it is, will be a surprise when it opens.

9 comments:

Joke said...

Lovely hexieflowers! I also love the first most. Looks like a Precious Moments picture..
How many stitches on the inch?? No idea. But I'll count them next time I put a flower together and let you know. (If I remember who asked....)

Gerda Hartman said...

Beautiful. Especially the first one.

Jeanette said...

All lovely. The angel on is so cute.

Wendy said...

Your Precious Moments fussy cut turned out nice. I tried a fussy cut but didn't like mine. I think a lot depends on the fabric itself.

Not sure how many stitches on the inch but don't think I take quite that many.

ria vogelzang said...

O, I so love your hexagons....... with those little girls and the hears and the lovely pink fabric; makes me want to take mine out again and work on them (think I have not made a hexie in quite some months....... ;( ....)!
Enjoy your lovely flowers! It's winter as well overhere and the only flowers in the house are the orchids, but they are still blooming! Love them!
Enjoy the stitching and your flowers! :)

Renate Bischoff said...

You mad beautiful flowers. I really like the fussy cut one. It is romantic!

Karen said...

All are lovely, but how sweet is that first one!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

All of your flowers are beautiful! Aren't the fussy cut ones fun? I had to laugh about your comment about the threads showing up in the picture - mine too! LOL! I'm not sure how many stitches I take but have meant to count them. I have attempted to many times but after a couple of stitches my mind starts to wander and then I forget to count again!

Miriam said...

I really love your fussy cutting! Beautiful hexies!

Love your flower too!