Wednesday, December 15, 2010

One Flower Wednesdays


I accomplished 12 flowers this week, still finding pink fabric in my stash to work with. It seems I am always in a hurry Wednesdays when I take my pictures. Of course the battery in the camera was almost dead too, so they are not as clear as i would have liked.

Another question - How many of you cut your fabric into hexagons? I cut mine into 2.5" X 2.75" rectangles. Not sure if I will trim the  backside before I sew them all together. I also leave in the stitching on the back.
Only 3 blooms so far for the Christmas Cactus, at least it is true to it's name and I managed to keep it for more than a year. I'll have to try and find another one to buy with more flowers. My trouble is that I like all the colours and can't decide. My mother-in-law had one that was huge but I don't seem to have as much luck with them.

9 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your hexie garden really grew this week. All of them are wonderful! I am one of those that does cut my fabric into hexagons. I was leaving the stitching on the back but I have begun removing it as I put the garden together.

Paula said...

Wow 12 flowers, well done and they are all so beautiful. I'm doing my hexagons like you do. I leave the stitching on the back but cut away the extra fabric.

Jeanette said...

You did well this week. 12 beautiful blooms. I cut my fabric into hexagon shapes.

Karen said...

So pretty in pink! Twelve is an excellent number for one week. In answer to your question, I cut my fabric into hexagons. I think if I did it your way I most likely would cut off the extra fabric. Depending on how you are going to quilt it, it may be too bulky.

ria vogelzang said...

Love your pretty flowers!! The hexies as well as the christmas cactus! I also have a christmas cactus in white; so lovely!
And I sew the hexagons in the same way your do!
Enjoy all of your flowers!

Gerda Hartman said...

12 is a lot. Love them.

marion said...

wow 12, what a beautifull ones. I like pink. I do the same as you do with my fabric

Wendy said...

Love all your pink hexie flowers. I know what you mean about the camera....I have that problem too. But your pictures are great!!!

Kunzfrau said...

What were you busy. And so wonderful fabrics. Since I could pinch you but one or the other flower ;-))

Best wishes Marion